Friday, December 30, 2016

Any friends?

Excuse me sir, the little boy asked, I need a friend, I'm lost and don't know where to go. A middle aged man set down his paper for a moment to see who it was that was speaking. The man found it cute that this little boy asked such a question. Unfortunately cuteness isn't enough to spark compassion and so the man said I'm too busy to help. And so the boy went to the lady sitting next to the man with the paper and asked the same thing, miss, I need a friend, I'm lost and don't know where to go. Again cuteness welled up in the woman's heart but never led to a compassionate act and she just passed the young boy onto the next passenger on the bus. So on and so forth this continued till everyone was asked and the boy found no one to help him. Then the tears started to flow, not from the boy but from the one telling about the boy, for that boy was me and after being denied friendship it's hard to live in this world. Would anyone want to be my friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment