Wednesday, August 17, 2016

A strange day

Today was like most days, average in nature, menial if you would. The day was a mirror image of the last 3 years of days, duplicates... a clone you could imagine it to be. Today was the same as yesterday and tomorrow, you could call tomorrow yesterday and be right in what you word. This day was the same, save for one moment, someone asked me a question, one that made me think, of course I responded with one of my many pre-scripted replies but I actually thought about what they asked. They asked if I cared about them, I of course said, as any typical person would, I don't know you but if I did I'm sure I would. Then poof, they turn around and the heal's on their shoes smile at me as they walked away. I cared but I don't know why I cared, I didn't even know them but for some reason I cared. I'm baffled at the events that unfolded just then. I care, when's the last time I cared about anything or anyone. I walk through life aimlessly, purposeless and without a care. I CARE, what is going on. Like the post says, a strange day, like all the rest but with a relieving uniqueness. I would love for that to happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment